Processing Contents


The slitter is a machine that winds out rolled sheets of paper, nonwoven fabric, film, adhesive tape, metallic foil and other sheets while cutting them with blades in the direction of flow, and then winding back the slit materials as individual rolls.
The figure illustrates the general structure of the slitter.
The original fabric (material) set in the reeling-off section is fed and cut by slitting blades as it passes through the pass line (roll).
It passes through the pass line (roll) once again while being wound into rolls in the winding section (products).

Slit Products
  • General Structure of the Slitter

    Since the original fabric is usually wound around a support that comprises “paper tube” or “plastic core” made of ABS or PE and so on, it can be set in the reeling-off section by passing a “shaft” through the paper tube or plastic core.
    The rolls above the pass line are ordinarily processed with hard chrome plating or are made from rubber.
    Also, in many cases an “expander roller”, which is intentionally curved, is installed over the pass line to eliminate creasing.
    Sometimes, silicon rollers or other special rollers are fitted according to the characteristics of the materials being cut.

  • Optimum Cutting According to the Materials

    The slit blade that performs the cutting comprises an upper blade and lower blade, with materials generally being cut as they pass through between the two blades.
    The method is usually referred to as “share blade” or “round blade”.
    Through using the blade angle and materials according to the characteristics of the materials being cut, it is possible to further enhance the quality of products.
    Depending on the materials being cut, there are cases were the required quality cannot be achieved using the share blade (round blade), so sometimes a “razor blade,” which cuts like a cutter knife, or a “gang edge”, which is suited to slitting troublesome metallic foil, is used.
    Due to issues in terms of versatility and management, not many plants are equipped with “gang edge” blades.

  • Winding Section

    In the winding section, a support for winding-up products is set in the same way as in the rolling-out section. Usually, this comprises a “paper” tube or “plastic core” made of ABS or PE and so on.
    The paper winding shaft can either be a single shaft or a double shaft type: ordinary paper is wound on the single shaft type, however, film, adhesive tape, etc. are usually wound using the double shaft.
    Single-shaft winding shafts comprise types that wind around a single shaft (center drive), or types that wind while pressing the winding shaft between an upper and lower roller (surface type).

SAN-AI's Slitting Machines

Leave it to SAN-AI if you want to discuss material procurement and processing.

Please use our inquiry form for queries concerning anything from material procurement to processing (consigning everything from material procurement to processing, or requesting processing of company materials etc.). SAN-AI offers proposals tailored to the needs of customers.